Chipotle Chili with Crickets
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chipotle chili peppers (from a can of chipotles in adobo – use more for more heat)
- 2 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup Sustain (cricket powder)
- cilantro, lime, and avocado, for serving
How to Make It
Place a large pot on the stove over medium-low heat.
Finely dice the pepper and onion, then add them to the pot along with the cauliflower and olive oil.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender.
While veggies cook, mix (spices, chipotles, canned tomatoes, water, and Cricket Powder), stirring well to break up the chipotles and coat everything in spices. Add to pot and the Increase heat to medium-high, cover the pot and let cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat, let cool for 5 minutes, then divide into 4 bowls and serve.
Top each bowl with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime, if desired.